CONCERTS, VENUES OPENING UP following 2 years of pandemic shutdown.. with special, intimate concerts, often with messages well timed for Memorial Day, like this one from Raul Malo, until large crowds are back: ‘I don’t know what people fight about… Seems like they’re angry all the time…just ‘cuz you don’t share my point of view..’ Raul Malo offers us some thoughts along with his beautiful music in rare ‘living room’ solo concert at Freight and Salvage in Berkeley CA May 17
(mis·sive /ˈmisiv/ -often humorous, a letter, especially a long or official one.”he hastily banged out electronic missives”
”Happy Memorial Day Gang, er, maybe not. Memorial Day can be a sad occasion… and none of us are getting any younger and will be the subject of memorials ourselves one day (except maybe for me, eternally 39). But, I like to say ‘Getting Old IS A Laughing Matter’ – heck of a lot better than crying. So, try to embrace some of the below tips. I can vouch for many of them.’ – JB
Maybe it’s not a coincidence that the San Francisco Giants, who had the best record in baseball last year, are not even coming close to selling out as in years past. Even though the city of San Francisco is probably 70% liberal, that leaves about 30% of Giants fans who might not appreciate the Giants mixing politics with sports, following manager Gabe Kapler’s diatribe against guns in society. Maybe it’s also not surprising the Giants are increasing their negative reputation among non- San Francisco fans, such as David Rosenthal, who covers the Los Angeles Dodgers. As for the the coach Steve Kerr, a long time anti-gun – and anything anti-Republican- at least his Golden State Warriors have been winning and are in the finals, so Kerr has legs to stand on , right or wrong. But, most fans, we believe, go to games to escape the news cycle and get away from the deadly politics of the day.
Why do you thing late night TV ratings have dropped ten-fold since the days of Johnny Carson, who when he talked politics was sure to skewer BOTH SIDES. Same for TV news, propped up by corporate owners, are seeing their ratings largely in the toilet for years now.
Put differently, Covid-10 survival rate is 98.4% or roughly ninty-nine out of every hundred people with Corona virus survives, which is only slightly (about 1%) behind the seasonal flu survival rate of nearly 100%, not the 90% originally modelled estimates. This is considerally better than the Ebola survival rate (during the Obama administration) of only 61% or 40 times better and even 10x better than the SARs survival rate of 90% (2002-3). The U.S. survival rates are even better than these worldwide average mortality rate